Monday 1 November 2010

Freezing Moustaches


Freeze, Facial Hair and some Tunes

My wonderful sister told me about the above artist - Benjamin Francis Leftwich. After watching this video, which I personally think is how every childhood should be remembered - in that disjointed, rose tinted way. It has also totally inspired me to make the most of my week off (ok fine, 'Reading Week').

After my birthday on Wednesday - the facial hair was most certainly a grand idea I must say - D and I went to London for the Freeze festival (my birthday present to him). It was - in the words of the highly annoying commentator - 'GNARLY', 'EPIC', 'RAD' - pretty much any stereotype word that you can possibly think of with the skiing world - insert here! It was grand though. Plenty of wonderfully retro ski outfits and shell suits - trust me - neon is ALWAYS good on the slopes!

In a free magazine Cooler I found a rather interesting and wonderful opportunity. The SKETCH BOOK PROJECT! I am trying to figure out if I have the funds to pay $25 to take part. BUT...I am thinking how fantastic it would be to have my sketch book, in a gallery, with other people looking at it and inspiring them (maybe selling it?!) all in another country! I will keep you updated.

Also - thanks to people doing what they say (plus a smidge of birthday money!) I am now in a position to buy a new camera. I adore my Canon PowerShot SX110 IS, but feel that I have reached my limits of what I can do with it. Plus, to be fair, it was going back from what I previously had (the Canon G9 - how I miss it!) So - any advice that you Bloggers out there may have - I would appreciate.

No comments:

Post a Comment