Thursday 17 June 2010

Cirque du Soleil






Saltimbanco!

A few weeks ago, my boyfriend and I went along to Liverpool (after Scotland - the photos will be up soon - they need to be developed). I haven't been to Liverpool since 2005(?!) with Foundation, and even though it's been a fair ol' while, I still utterly adore it. When we arrived (keeping in mind that we barely had time to actually sight see etc, just get to the Echo Arena) it was bright and blue and sunny. Liverpool architecture is all about the juxtaposition - old versus new, all next to each other, but all fitting together well like some giant puzzle.
The show itself was mind blowing (thanks to all the seats not having been sold, we got upgraded!) It started off a tad disjointed it seemed, but when the music started, that was when the proper show began. The gymnastics were exceptional, and the costumes (keeping in mind I started a degree in Costume, and even though I didn't complete it, doesn't hinder my love of beautiful and well made outfits) were inspiring and wacky and amusing. I managed to sneak a few photos (minus flash - as you weren't really supposed to take any - and I did get told off!) so excuse the poor quality of them - but hopefully it will give you some idea of how great it was! It was visually stunning, amusing, and just generally enjoyable. If you ever get the chance to - go and see a show!

No comments:

Post a Comment