Friday 9 April 2010

Voyage, Voyage


Voyage, Voyage

Just edging onto the Easter weekend, myself, Dreamy, and our friend Sophie finally made our Mini Adventure to Paris!
It was everything we wanted (some we didn't) and so much more! Music on the Metro, glass pyramids French Legion soldiers, the Eiffel Tower, vintage shops, and my personal highlight - finding the fruit and veg shop from Amelie (still one of my all time favourite films...ever!).


The rather modern/ancient fusion of the glass pyramids designed by I. M. Pei in 1989 at the Louvre.




Henrik Vibskov for the Space For Fantasy exhibition inside Galleries Lafayette.


The stained glass window inside Lafayette. Absolutely stunning, although you do tend to get neck ache from looking up at it for such a long time. I suggest going higher up, and then you don't have to strain so much!


Every aspect of this building is decadent Art Nouveau beauty. I wouldn't really want it in my house personally, but it is most certainly beautiful. I will put more photos up of the interior at a later date when I haven't got so many deadlines looming over me! (3 alone for this Friday!!!)


Sophie making the most of our gorgeous hotel down it's little courtyard. The Hotel Andre Gill, in the Montmatre area is comfortable, friendly, family run, with scrumptiously retro decorated rooms. For being so close to the very heart of Paris, it is very well priced; although personally they need to expand on the size of the breakfast room in order to accommodate the (mostly) students. Oh, less of the bread and more of the fruit maybe?? Although the croissants are heavenly and freshly baked each morning!



My faithful backpack which is slowly but surely travelling the World with me :) So far it has been to Canada, Austria, The Netherlands, Belgium, France, Switzerland - and I'm sure that there's more. A true companion!

There will be another French instalment, just as soon as I have slept and done a bit more work. In the meantime, listen to Desireless or perhaps MC Solaar for some French inspired music. The MC Solaar song La Belle et le Bad Boy is the one featured in the final episode of Sex & The City, but check out his other work - easy to listen to French rap - how could it not be good!?

No comments:

Post a Comment